Can you help us?
Kids Incorporated volunteers are diverse and distinctive, but they all have one thing in common. They are committed to serving our children, families, and community.
Volunteers help us carry out our Mission and Vision that began in 1972. They provide an extra pair of hands in our child care centers, serve on committees and boards, read to our children regularly, and help with our signature events like Holiday Happiness and Kidsfest. Our federal funding requires that we raise $1 for every $4 we are given through community time and donations. The hours donated by volunteers carry a value that helps us meet that match every year, making our volunteers essential to Kids Incorporated. We could not serve the children and families we serve without them.
The parents and families we serve are encouraged to volunteer in our classrooms and offices. Family Engagement Activities are held by parent committees and our Family Advocates. These activities allow for an open discussion about topics that increase family outcomes and provide learning, family, and health information and resources. Parents are also encouraged to serve as volunteers through our Policy Council, where they can vote on new policies and have shared governance over the education and services the children receive.
General Volunteer Requirements
- Age Requirement: 12+ years old
- Hour Requirement: No minimum or maximum requirement
Please Note: Those NOT completing hours for course credit will be limited to 10 hours per month of direct service with t.
New Volunteer Application Process
- Submit our online Volunteer Application
- Attend a one-hour Volunteer Orientation (Held at our Main Office or the FSU Dunlap Success Center)
- Sign and submit the Volunteer Packet by email or in-person at the Volunteer Orientation
- Read the Volunteer Handbook
Please Note: Volunteers working directly with children are required to meet the standards set by the Deptartment of Children & Families.
If you are interested in volunteering, please beign the new volunteer applicaiton process by accessing the links below. For questions or more information, please contact the Volunteer Coordinator, Sara Boscacci, at firstname.lastname@example.org or (850) 414-9800 ext. 112.
New Volunteer Forms
To get started, please access and complete the following steps:
Volunteer for Kidsfest!
We are currently looking for volunteers to help at Kidsfest, our annual signature event featuring live entertainment, food vendors, community vendors, and 100+ free children’s activities! Kidsfest is not possible without our amazing volunteers. We need your help to create this fun-filled day for all the children and families in our Tallahassee community!
Kidsfest 2019 will be held at Cascades Park on Saturday, May 4th from 10am to 3pm.
All volunteers will receive a free T-shirt. Shifts include: 9am-1pm, 12-4pm, and All Day (9am-4pm). All Day volunteers will receive a food voucher for lunch.
Groups and organizations are more than welcome to coordinate a volunteer service event with us. Please reach out to the Volunteer Coordinator directly to express your interest in group volunteering.
- Reading Time: Come support our early literacy focus and spend an hour reading with the children. Bonus: Bring age-appropriate books to donate to the children after reading!
- Maintenance: Landscape the outdoor areas, pressure wash the playgrounds, and clean and paint our classrooms! After hours or weekends only.
- Arts & Crafts: Coordinate a developmentally appropriate activity to engage the children, develop their motor skills, and have a lot of fun! Restrictions apply, as the activity would need to be coordinated closely with the Volunteer Coordinator and staff.
- Kidsfest: Groups are welcome to sign up to volunteer at Kidsfest. More information above!
If you are interested in one of our internships, please email your resume to Sara Boscacci at email@example.com and provide a brief cover letter inidicating which internship you are interested in.
Volunteer & Intern Position Descriptions
- Programmatic Teacher/Preschool Classroom Assistant Volunteer
- School Readiness Reader Volunteer
- Administrative Assistant Volunteer
- Family & Child Science/Social Work Intern
- Family Engagement Specialist Intern
- Outreach Volunteer
- Graphic Design Intern
- Marketing Intern
- Photography/Videography Intern
- Human Resources Intern
- Finance Intern