Who We Are
Our Early Head Start Policy Council
- Talethia Edwards, Chair, Parent (Parkway EHS)
- Angenette Aikens, Parent (Bright Days)
- Victoria George, Parent (Brandon's Place at Lincoln)
- Kristi Johnson, Community Representative, Leon County
- Marketa Larkins, Parent, Home Base-Leon County
Please consider how you
may help with a donation.
Meet Alana and Breana
Alana and Breana were born twenty-five week prematurely and had many health issues. Their lungs were underdeveloped, they had Retinopathy of prematurity (ROP) and they had Reactive Airway Disease (RAD). The twins also had issues producing blood and had to have their small bowel removed. Alana had surgery for her ROP and right leg bone infection and was then hospitalized due to a respiratory virus. Breana was placed in the hospital due to a stomach virus and had trachea reconstruction surgery. Probably due to all the surgeries, the twins were diagnosed with Failure to Thrive, not growing properly. The girls were given blood transfusions and placed on medicine.